Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Breaking the Fast - Day 40



What kind of man is this?
Who died for me and set me free,
Tell me what kind of man is this,
Who died for me and set me free.

What kind of man is this?
Who would leave His heavenly home,
And...come down
And come down,
To give His life
For sacrifice,
Just to save a...wretch like ME


That's Love !


Forty Days ! Forty Days !

Lord God I thank You for today !! You have done great things. Lord I give You the honor and the glory for all the days of my life. You have grown me, given me patience and strengthen me in my walk with You!

I have so looked forward to this day, not just so I can resume my old eating habits, but because of the Good Friday Celebration. I am looking forward to Celebrating Christ with my church family. I am going expecting a blessing. The service will be awesome, I just know it, because we all know and love the Lord our Father and God will be there. God is so looking forward to our celebration. I have invited a few guests and prayfully God will bless their souls. I am praying that all that come will bring their love for Christ and express themselves through worship and praise and accept the word of God.

Today my last day of the fast I had to remind myself of God’s sacrifice. This reminder got me through a difficult lunch. My coworker’s were ordering out and the menu did not met my vegan needs. I became a little frustrated, and was feeling sorry for myself that I had to eat my Amy’s frozen meal. As I walked to the microwave, the thought of Christ on the cross rushed through my head. His sacrifice was sooooooooooooooo much greater than my little lunch crisis. It also reinforced in me that the enemy does not give up, my other 39 days were not has hard as today. The enemy was trying so hard to get me to surrender. I then remembered the fast that I went through as I grew up, we would not consume food for 3 entire days, drinking water only. So, I stop being a cry baby and womanup and represented Christ who sacrificed for me and you. I got it on day 40. Simple but I really got it.

I was not able to go to the Good Friday Concert tonight, I did not have anyone to stay with my mom and she needs 24 hour care. A friend of mine exchanged ticket with me, she had a extra and someone she knew needed one for tonight. So I will be going to Saturday's celebration. I will spend this evening with my mom praying and giving her water and jello.

I picked up my dinner from Aladdin's, a Falafa wrap, fruit smoothy and a slice of coconut cake. Yes cake this was my breaking the Fast treat. The meal was perfect, I did not over indulge, the meal was really special.

Today a marketing genus designed a header for my blog !! I love it, if you every need any marketing help contact Sherita Simpson on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations....YOU MADE IT! I have enjoyed reading your blog, it has truly been a blessing. It motivated me to start a journal (not online) in a notebook and just start recording my thoughts. Also, I was at the store yesterday and saw AMY meals! I thought this is what Vanessa always talking about. i bought three to try for my lunch at work. Lunch is always difficult to stay on track. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, thanks for following my blog. I am blessed by your comments. I am glad you are journaling, I look forward to writing and thinking about God working in my life. I hope you enjoy the Amy's, Whole Food has them on sale from time to time, so does Dave's and Heinens. A friend told me a Dave's on Lakeshore has Amy's can foods; chilli, etc. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete