Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 39



Jacob Family Reunion - Sept. 2009


Family is so important, they play an important role in one another's lives. They can be helpful or they can bring drama. Thank God my family is pulling together and being helpful. Today, my mother’s caregiver, Amber started. She will be in the home M-F from 11 a.m. til 7 p.m. This will give Dominique an opportunity to work outside of the home. My dear cousin came over to morning to orientate her, because I need to get out to work. Sometimes I love family, and today is one of those days. My cousin has my back for the serious stuff and I have hers. She loves my mother and wants what is best for my mom. So when I was looking for someone to serve as my mother day time caregiver, she started the search. Amber is like family but not family. She is my cousin’s girlfriend. She seems to be kind and considerate and was excited about the job. We negotiated a fair salary and everyone is pleased. My cousin stops by the house periodically to check on my mom and will continue to do so.

My daughter put the job opportunity on Facebook and had several applicants. I am very fond of facebook, but this is my mom J I was leery about her approach, so I put the call out there. My mom is ok as long as she knows you are family or church family. This morning I was in prayer regarding Amber and NCBF Good Friday celebration. I pray this arrangement works out best for my mom and our entire family. Dominique has been the day shift for my mom since December and she now wants to venture back into the real workforce. I applaud her and appreciate how she has stuck in there with my mom and her grandmother. Without Dominique my mom would have not been able to come home and would be in a nursing home.

I spent some of my lunch hour at Miles Market picking up fresh fruits and veggies. I picked up some veggie Sushi for my lunch !! This is my special treat my new found treasure. After work I went to Heinen's and picked up some water and a few items for my mom and Ms. Honey. I brought some homemade soups from Heinens for my mom. Then I ventured to Whole Foods and picked up the Kaas Mozerella cheese and a Amy's veggie steak frozen meal. I ran into a friend there it's always good to see a friend.

My mom and her daycare provider got along well. I pray she gives my mom enough fluids during the day. My mom's nurse practioner called and said my mother's blood level is 400 which is double what it should be. On Tuesday it was 200 which was perfect for her. She suggested I cut out the blood thinners until her levels come down. I can tell the difference in her either she is effected by this or she dehydrated. Since I got home I have given her water, protein and a spoon or two of soup.

PLEASE PRAY

No comments:

Post a Comment