Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fasting and Pray - Day 38




Really Nice Day !!! The sun is shining warm and bright. It is a really beautiful day. I remember the day I blogged about my foggy day. Those foggy days make me grateful to God for sunshine. When I think about all that God has created, I know that He is real. I want to thank God for thinking enough of me to create me. Each and every one of us are special and unique. Sometimes when I see others with more than me or prettier than me I fight off my feelings of jealously. I do this by telling myself God made me this way for a reason. I want to honor Him by being satisfied with myself. Because when I am not I am ungrateful to God. God gave his son for me, what a sacrifice !!! I go into Good Friday with a heart of gratefulness.

This morning I did not have to go in until 11:00, what a blessing. I was able to get my car sticker. This was such a easy process, all I had to do was show my driver's license. Really easy! Then I went to Target and did some shopping for my vacation. This was a beautiful and productive morning.

Of all the assessment I have done in my 15 years, today was one of the ones that touched me in a special way. Daily I work with children who have been neglected, abused and abandoned by their parents. By the time they reach me they have most likely been removed from their parents either county has temporary or permanent custody. Most of these children have been bounced from relative homes to foster homes repeatedly. Well today an austic child was moving from a stable 4 year placement to a new foster home. The foster parents were not willing to adopt him. The foster parents are relocating and he had to move. This child does not understand what is being communicated to him about this move. He does not know this will be his last look at his family. These parents seem to be really good foster parents they know him inside and out. They chose to drive him to the new home in hopes this would help him. The foster mother commumicated this youth's needs to the new foster mother. As I sat and watched him I prayed for him that his transition will be a good one. I prayed that the new foster parent will embrace him with patience, understanding and love. If she is overwhelmed with his behaviors he will have to move yet again. Most children like him are in State group homes. I know I serve a good God that will protect this child and heal his broken heart as he looks to seek the love and routine of his previous family. God please bless all the motherless children.

My mom had a really good day ! I praise God for everyday she is with me and that she is comfortable. I switch pharmarcies and her medications and the last 6 prescriptions have been free. My mom's prescriptions are very costly. One prescription is $150 for 5 days of injections. When the cashier that 0 charge, I confirmed the price with her and she said the insurance covered it. I don't understand but I feel blessed by it. I am constantly refilling prescriptions, because the doctors sometime change dosages, or add on new meds. This drug store is right around the corner and it even has a drive through. God is working !

I am feeding my mother whole foods, she does not eat alot anymore, maybe one real meal a day so whatever goes in her body has to be good whole foods. I make her fresh juice instead of store brought. I went to Aladains (sp) and got her some homemade lentil soup for dinner. She ate alot of the soup. She even told Ariel that the juice was real good and I made her another helping. She took her medications without incident. Jayden came over and brought new photos and she was thrilled to see him and the new photos. My mom is real ill and I treasure each day she is at home with us. She loves us so much. Ariel, Dominique and I were playing a Wii game Just Dance and she laughed at us, and moved her arm as if she was dancing in her hospital bed. That was a treasured moment for us, one we would not have if she was in a nursing home. Dominique has been caring for my mother while I am at work. Dominique is going back to work tomorrow, so we hired someone to stay with my mom while we are working. I pray this individual is patient and does the best job possible. I am trusting God to work this out.

My foods were simple, Amy's tofu lasagna, homemade peppermint tea, whole wheat bagel. Juice for breakfast. Dinner I had a wrap from Aladanin (sp). It was good to the last bite.



No comments:

Post a Comment