Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 23


Veggie Sandwich, whole grain bread, hummus, tomatoe, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber slices, minus the cheese. I have fallen in love with alfalfa sprouts, they have turned my nose up to them for the last time. I have had alfalfa sprouts twice this week, once in a panani and last night in a sandwich like the one above. But it had much more alfalfa. It was really good. The saponins in alfalfa sprouts may help to reduce cholesterol Alfalfa sprouts are a great source of vitamin K too.
I want to thank God for allowing me to think about what I am putting into my body. I think about if it is healthy to my body or if it is harmful and base my decision/choice on that factor.


I talked to a NCBF member today and she shared with me that a woman name Free came to their life group and talked about healthy eating. She discussed healthy eating habits and did some juicing in the classroom. I have emailed this woman to see if she would be willing to do a consultation with my friends and any others interested. This would be awesome, she has lots of knowledge. She even makes her own almond milk, cool !!


I must say the Lord is really working with me daily, I look forward to blogging and have not had difficulty finding topics to journal about. I pray that whoever reads my daily blog will be blessed as much as I am. I look forward to packing my lunch daily. I love finding new foods or foods that I have frowned on and realize I like it and may possible love the foods.
New wonderful find is Kaas cheese, EXCELLIENT. I melted it on my tofu scramble and I am a Fan. Absolute Fan. I will be melting it over everything :)

"Trust God with all your heart and lean not onto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment