Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 35


Father God give me peace today, let me not give in to fears and self doubt. Give me the peace that surpasses all understanding. Lord you did not recreate the spirit of fear. Direct my path today and from this day forward.

My day began as I quietly watched daylight come into my room. I debated whether I would come to service today. The enemy won that battle :( Sometimes it is difficult for me to do all what I do and then get myself ready. This morning my pace was slow and I stayed in with my mom. We talked and I feed her a couple meals and made sure she got enough liquids. Tomorrow I will get her some water with electrolytes. I praise God that she did not have much pain today.

I wrote this on Chris' facebook wall:

Remove Hey Chris, I think about you everyday, yesterday was my birthday and I thought about the smile, hug and card you would have given me. I miss you ! I dreamed about you last night, the last conversation we had was you teasing me and asking to drive my car. Well in my dream I gave in let you drive and you ran the car off the road, I laughed and laughed and laughed. You still make me laugh !! Love you baby boy !!
That was the best birthday gift ever ! After I wrote it I went into the kitchen and I was very emotional. I don't cry often but when I do.......... well Lord thank You for sending him to me in my dream.
Today was a slow day for me I see how important it was for me to go to church !!! I would have been in the right place to bring my spirt up.
I ate healthy today, I made my juice for breakfast. I had a cup of peppermint tea. I am boiling water now to make some peppermint ice tea. For lunch I had tofu Stir Fry and popcorn as a snack. Dinner consisted of Kashi cereal with almond milk.
Lord please give the strength I need to move forward.

1 comment:

  1. I cried as I read this post. I cried for chris and all of our boys. Lord, protect them and cover them. RIP Chris. Lord, I pray for strength for Vanessa. Give her strength and encouragement for each day....and to keep writing her blog (smile). Praise GOD!

    ReplyDelete