Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 25



Day 25 – God woke me up this morning and started me on my way. I started my day giving God the glory. My mom looks ill again, so I pray for her, she is comfortable and not in pain. I thank God for this! Her nurse discussed my mother's condition with me and I listen carefully. I seemed to understand what she was sharing with me and I am praying God’s will in my mother’s life.

I seemed extra organized this morning. This is a sign that God is working in me. My mind had been so scattered and I can follow and complete tasks. Organization is a gifting that God has given me. I was able to care for my mom and myself this morning. This was my first morning using my juicer. I used the following; orange, apple, pineapple, blackberry, banana. I did not put the Spirulina in the juicer I added it and shook it. The juicer works well, except it does not work well with bananas, this fruit is too soft and did not work its way through the strainer. I put it in a container with a lid and ice and shook. I took my vegetable based vitamins. This breakfast was a good choice. The juice instructions suggest no meal with juice. It was satisfying. I will put some veggies, such as spinach, etc together for a evening drink. Recipes suggest cabbage, carrots, spinach etc.

After making this juice, I did some shopping before going to work. This is soooo me, thank You Lord for returning me to me. I pray that in doing this You will guide me to a even better me and You will get the glory. I want to remain a vegan/vegetarian. I am enjoying this lifestyle. I am reading a book, that is helping me realize how eating animals affects the animals and seafood. I am enjoying the approach because the focus is not so much how eating animals harms me, the book is sensitive to them.

I have a long day, so I am asking God’s to give me the strength needed to be productive throughout the day.

Praise Report - Today one of my coworker’s celebrated her birthday with cake. I had a urge to want to make excuses as to why I could celebrate and eat the sugar, and Lord you brought me back and keep me focused. I so want to be a light that shines a vessel for God to use. My coworker’s know my sacrifice and they know me, they know I LOVE sugary foods. So
I took out my orange and ate it while they ate cake, GOD THAT WAS NOBODY BUT YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment