Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 24







Praising God for an Abundant Life !!! I thank You for the gift of life. You created me and I want to honor You. Today I am pleased with my life. I thirst and hunger for Your love. I want to keep my focus on what You would have me to do. This is important to me !!

I am praising God for a day of peace. I resting in God's peace and trusing Him. I feel wonderful, the Fast has allowed me to really take a look at myself, inside and out. I feel good, I can't say it enough. I am rebuilding my relationship with God and I want His presence. I am smiling today from the inside out :) I feel radiant and prayfully look radiant.

My spent most of my lunch hour at Whole Foods, I brought some Agave Nectar (natural sweetener). What makes agave superior to sugar? Sugar is a processed sweetener that has no nutritive value, other than calories. And agave, as compared to other sweeteners, has a desirable low-glycemic index. This means that when consumed, it won’t cause a sharp rise or fall in blood sugar. I put some in peppermint tea and it was delicious.


I also brought vegetable based vitamin B complex, and multi vitamin. Since removing meat which has B complex vitamins from my diet and taking on vegan lifestyle I must replace B complex vitamins. I also brought Sprilina (sp) to include in my a.m. smoothly. Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids (a type of antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage). It contains nutrients, including B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid). The sales associate said it will even help reduce my appetite. The bad thing, it will turn my beautifully colored fruit smoothie, GREEN. Oh, well !!

No comments:

Post a Comment