Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 31




ME Time !

I took full advantage of my mom being in the hospital. I got lots of ME time. Most of the ME time was spent in devotion with God and getting rest. My mom is scheduled to come home today and I have the energy to care for her. My mom has been on antibiotics and IV with fluids so she is energized too J I praise God for this. I guess we both are functioning at a higher level. I am anxious to see how she does at home and I continue to pray for her comfort. Her legs no longer hurt with such intense pain, the doctor said the blood clogs were big and caused great pain. I asked her yesterday if her legs hurt and she said “not at all”. I almost broke into a holy ghost shout. When my mother hurts I hurt and to know that pain has been resolved, I am so grateful to God !!

On my way to work, I stopped and picked up Veggie Sushi in brown rice, yesterday they sold out so I got wise and picked it up first thing. I saw a sales lady in the store who I had not saw in a few months. She asked me where I had been and I explained to her that my son had passed on. She gave me some encouraging words and told me only God can heal that type of hurt. She explained to me that her son had died suddenly a few years ago. She told me if I needed to talk she was there for me. It helps to have someone who has walked in your shoes.

I am at Simply Chic Salon, one of my most favorite places to be. I get a chance to have my hair styled and chat with Ms. Juanita. I am thinking I need a change, with Spring right around the corner, but I have no idea. Ms. Juanita is planning to color me at my next appointment. I know it will be nice. The timing will work out it will be right before my vacation to North Carolina.

I am so looking forward to traveling with my friends to North Carolina to visit Latoya. I am beginning to think about what I will take and putting items aside to pack. I picked up a travel like bag today. I pray we get some sunshine and have a wonderful time.

My breakfast was veggie/fruit juice, lunch was sushi and lemonade, dinner I am thinking I will make another veggie panani sandwich. It was delicious, filling and I need to use up my veggies before they go bad. I love that I can drive throughout the city and not pull into a fast food restaurant. My hunger for food has decreased considerably and I eat on a schedule and I may have a small snack at work. I never feel starved anymore and desperate to eat. The unhealthy made me feel heavy and blotted and I would get hungry within a hour or two.

I spent some of my lunch hour at TJ Maxx, well they have 2 nail polish package of OPI for $6.99. There were colors I most definitely would use I a picked up a pack. Ladies we know we pay more than that for just one bottle. What a simple blessing. I love to find a REAL bargain.

God I thank You for today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment