Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 15


God is able to do whatever, no problem is too big. Right? Right !!!! Why have I been underestimating God’s power. I have seen Him work in my life why would He leave me now. He will do it I need to get out of His way. I have been carrying my heart in my hand trying to fix it, I must give my heart to the Lord and pray. I must be careful not to lose Faith.


This morning as I cared for my mom. I realized the importance of eating healthy. She is diabetic, has high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart condition. The doctors told me if she had not been diabetic the complications after her heart surgery would not have been as complex. He said the diabetics complicated everything. I take her sugar levels before she eats and after and notice that her sugar levels fluctuate depending on what she eats. The healthier she eats the better her levels. Most of my mother’s medical problems are a result of poor eating habits. My father was the same.

I keep this in mind as I shopped this morning at Aldi’s. I shopped for fresh fruit and veggies only. I will snack on some of the grapes. The peppers lovely and reasonably priced. I plan to make a delicious Tofu Stir fry this evening. I have to pick up some portibellos and bean sprouts, yummy, yummy. I had a Amy’s dinner for lunch, excellient choice !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment