Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 21


It was wonderful to be in the House of the Lord !!! Today's word was awesome. The word encouraged my heart. It was Teen Focus Sunday and we had an annointed soloist. He sang God is able. It is good to see young people using the gifts God gave them. I am excited about the upcoming Good Friday concert. I got tickets and have invited some family members.

Today, a friend and I checked in on my mom at the hospital. Her doctor called her "onry" she is refusing to take her medications and not eating. After visiting her we went to Liquid Planet Cafe and had an enjoyable meal. We are realizing there are several alternatives, many we just are eliminating cheese. I had brown rice, black beans, lettuce, salsa. I did not get the cheese and sour cream. I would have been tastier but it was fine without the dairy. Another friend met us there and had meaningful conversations.
We then ventured to ball rooming. It was good to be back !! I had not been in a year. I remembered all the basic steps in the beginners class. I danced a few times during open dance and found myself getting winded, which lets me know I need to work on building my endurance. The overall experience was good. Saw familiar faces, and the Ballroom staff make you feel comfortable and are encouraging.

My friend gave me some dried garlic. They are really tasty and different. Day 21 was wonderful. It was a well balanced day !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment