Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 30


Getting through the fog !!!
I woke up this morning, well rested, it felt great. I give honor to God for waking me up this morning and starting me on my way. I don’t take this statement for granted. I truly appreciate each day that God gives me on this earth to do his will. As I drove into work, I drove down a wet, foggy path. I compared the foggy road to my life. I said I know God is gonna lift this fog today so that we can see clearly, as surely as I know within a few hours the fog will lift, I trust and believe God plans to lift the fog covering my life. I know behind the fog there is beauty and the sun will shine again. God is trustworthy, He is reliable !! I don’t know exactly when the fog will be lifted but I trust that it will be lifted. As I write this I believe it. The fog in my life gives me a better appreciation for the sunshine.

Today has been real good for me. Why, NOT because God has poured financial blessing on me, but because I know and believe God loves me. I want God to know I love Him, I show Him love through my obedience. Obedience is difficult, my submission, doing what He wants. As I move through the fog, I stay focused on Him, keeping my eyes on the road. Knowing he will guide me through the fog, when I listen.

I find myself shopping at Miles Market more and more for my fruits and veggies. The freshness is guaranteed and the prices are wonderful. I got a large bag of about 15 extra large oranges for $1.99, a pack of blackberries for .99cent, 2 packs of strawberries for $3.00. I brought extras so I can freeze them for my daily use. I had never froze fruit, so I did my research and it is simple.
------Wash, dry, put on cookie tray without them touch, place tray in freezer overnight. Then put them in freezer bags.

After I visited my mom in the hospital, I was tired and thought I would drop by Liquid Planet for a rice bowl. I asked God for strength enough to come home and cook. I was able to make it home and cook. I have lots of food at home in the frig, it is running over so why spend extra money. I got some really, really good whole wheat loaf bread freshly baked from Miles Market. I cut a reasonable size and began to make a veggie panani. My ingredients included, eggplant, peppers, purple onions, portibello, alfala sprouts, zucini (sp) soy mozarella cheese, garlic and pesto seasoning. I grills the veggies then put it in the panani press. It was the bomb, the Soy cheese and the portibello was my favorite in the sandwich. The portibello has a meaty texture.

(Excuse my spelling errors, it was late and I am sleepy :)

Praise Report - my mom ate a whole sandwich and fries today. She will be home tomorrow. She was fussy today so I know she is feeling better :) Oh, yes it is has been 30 days of Fasting and Praying. This is significant !!! To God be the Glory !!!

Good night I have to and wash a load of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment