Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 22

Bright Blue Masacra - wrong, wrong, wrong

Day 22 - I know, what does masacra have to do with Fasting and Praying. Well, I am trying really hard to improve my self image, Fasting and Praying is #1. !! I'm working the inside so I thought why not buy some new make up. I had read alot about Dior Mascara, so on Saturday I went into Nordstorm I purchased some items from Mac Cosmetics then strolled over to the Dior counter. Now I have never paid $25.00 for mascara, NEVER !! So this was an important purchase for me.

The sales lady was not very pleasant. I wanted water proof mascara, I need it for Sundays worship when I am crying out to God and giving Him the Glory. Simply purchase, right ! WRONG! Sunday morning I pull out my new $25.00 mascara and it is BRIGHT BLUE !!! I am stunned, then I think OK it is fufu so maybe it's goes on blue and dries black. So I put it on and it stays BRIGHT BLUE. Well I am disappointed but I am focused on not allowing the enemy to take my Joy. I don't have time to take it off, I hope and pray Ariel who is waiting for me outside in her car has BLACK macara, well she did and it worked out. Then enemy wanted me, I wanted to be able to worship God, cry and give him glory without the enemy sneaking in and saying hey you got black eyes stop being so stop crying. Enough said !!! It's over, problem solved, I called Nordstrom today and they will return it. There is nothing too big or small for God !!
(Only problem was when I returned it I made two purchases from the Philosophy counter :)

God has been good, yesterday as you would recall, my mom would not eat or take her meds. Well this morning I called the hospital and the nurse said she took her meds and ate alot of her breakfast. I thank God for this, I felt helpless and exhausted. We have been through this and I had hoped she had moved forward. I pray she continues to eat and take her meds so she can return to our home in a day or two. I thank the Lord for everyday we have together. I pray for the doctors and nurses that are caring for her that they are kind and patient with her, and that God gives them the wisdom needed as they make decisions and treat.

Again, this morning I had tofu scramble. Delicious ! Delicious ! The protein tends to hold me until lunch time. I do not crave for meat, but I still desire lobster tails :) As I go through this Fast I am asking God to have me continue in this healthy eating lifestyle. The foods are good for me and I feel lighter. I need to add a serious cardio routine to build my endurance. Power walking is my thing, and I will add Zumba if at all possible.

I returned to work today and everything so far is alright. I had been off since last Wednesday. I saw Sabrina and she looks wonderful. She did such a excellient job caring for her mother. I understand her journey with her mom so much better now. I looked to her as an example of how to care for my mom.

Oh, yeah today a coworker warmed up chicken in the microwave, and I disliked the smell. Yep, I disliked the smell and this particular coworker is a really good cook. This is a sign of better things to come. I am praying that God will take the desire of meat from me.

2 comments:

  1. Dont give up on the blue just yet. Summer is coming and for a change, Ihave tried blue, brown, green and lavender mascara. It gives you a different look!

    Im doing much better with my fast. Just needed to get organized. I want to maintain my new habits also, drinking more water, went back to exercising ....but still not really losing any weight. I guess Im destined to be healthy and plump (lol).

    I saw that picture of the boys (Den, Chris, Matt, at the bowling alley in kindegaten. It's precious. We were looking at old pictures last week and found two pictures of the boys in their cub scout uniforms.

    I got to try this tofu. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Andrea !! I am glad you are on track, I will start exercising this week, that is my plan. I just could not do the blue mascara. I got your message last weeks, thanks for checking on me. I was at the hospital with my mom, eating dinner. She came home today, Praise God. Hang on to those pictures of the boys I would like to see them one day.

    Try tofu, it is really good. For real !!!

    ReplyDelete