Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 27


Calling on Jesus !
At 1:30 in the a.m. I called 911 for my mom. While we were in the ER my mother called on the name of Jesus. She called his name for 1 1/2 hours straight. There were two other people on either side of her and I although she was calling on the name of the Lord I asked her to quiet down. The man on the other side of the curtain overheard me and said, "no,no as long as she is calling on Jesus, I don't mind if she keeps me up". As I listened to my mother, she would say things like "Jesus you said you would help me", "Jesus you care about me" "Jesus I need you now". Throughout her pain she called on the Lord and reminded him of his promise to her. I knew she believed what she was saying, she trusted God.

The nurse came to me and said we can give her antibotics and she can take them at home or we can send her to skilled nursing/nursing home. Praise God there was not another hospital stay, she had just been released from Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday evening. I told the nurse I would care for her at home, she wants to be home and we want her home. She is the matricarch (sp) of our family and has been the rock of support for her family, friends and church family her entire life. She has cared for relatives and church family when they were ill, feeding them, toileting, sitting, rubbing their heads, you name it she has done it. Her life's work has been caring for the elderly as she was a private duty nursing assistant and facilitated a group home in her home. So I want her to be cared for at home as long as possible. She now refers to me as mama and tells me "you are a good mama". If you ask her she will tell you I am her daughter for the attention I give her is like a mother to a child. I praise God for allowing me to help her as much as I can.

My mom taught me to love others, so how could I not love and show her love. All that is good in me she modeled. She always loveddddd people. Now she will tell you about yourself but when she tells you something you better look out it is the truth. I remember as I grew up she would always dress me up pretty and tell me how pretty I was, even now when I'm dressed and want to know the truth about how I look I walk past her and she will tell me. She will tell me now that's a nice outfit, and it's not cheap. She hates cheap clothes:) , you need a slip on, or your dress is too short, If I ask is it too short and she say "no" then it's cool. My family calls her the "original Diva" , I call her the "Head Diva".

I watched my mother put me first always. She encouraged me to go to college and get my master's. She said to me I don't want you to have to clean "white women's kitchen's and babysit there kids". She meant that and she did whatever possible to make sure I finished college. She has always been my biggest cheerleader. Dominique, my daughter is my support now we back each other up keeping my mom. She loves her grandma and is very kind to her, when we look into each other's eyes we are connected in our love for mama.

My mom had not eaten since Tuesday evening due to her infection. The infection takes away her appetite and turns her into another person. She is confused, defiant, combative, you name it and extremely weak. At about 2:30 this afternoon, it took 4 of us to convince her to take her new antibotic. After taking it she gradually began to open her eyes and make small conversation. At about 6:15 I made an awesome tofu stir fry. The odor circuluated throughout the house. She stirred around in the bed and said "what did you cook", I said Praise God, Praise God. Now she didn't want something that heavy but I made her fresh juice with an orange and an apple with ice. She took the cup from my hand and said "this juice is good". Praise God, she drank the all of it. I praise God for the little things and the big. All things are significant and I thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment