Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 29



I sleep straight through the night. I praise God for giving me what I need when I need it. Yesterday, He gave me rest. God loves me and cares for me in a way that no one else can. I love that He knows me in a special way that no one else does. I sleep so well that I almost overslept this morning. I knew I was exhausted but didn’t know really how much.

Jayden spent the night last night with his mom. This was great, I held him for awhile as he sleep and prayed over his little fat self J My side of the house is coming along well, I have a small cleaning crew who is breaking down the rooms so Ariel and Jayden can move in. Them moving in is a true blessing, I know God is good and hears my prayers.

I put together a really nice blend of greens; cucumber, celery and spinach and fruit; apple, orange, grapefruit, blackberries, pineapple, strawberries and carrots to be juiced. I put it over ice and drank it as I dressed. I took my B Complex and multi vitamin with my juice. It was delicious.

My work day has been full, I prayed throughout the day for my mom, who is still in the hospital. I pray that she is comfortable and resting well. I pray for the doctors and nurses that are caring that they will be patient with her.

Today I selected a new veggie, Eggplant. I have asked for recipe from a friend and fellow vegan. I will decide what I will make with it within the next few days. I am lean toward Eggplant Lasanga. I am soooo excited that I am trying foods I did not grow up on. As an adult when I go out to restaurant I usually order safe, not branching out trying new foods. This fast is giving me opportunities to try things I usually turn my nose up at. I love it ! Thank you Lord !

Ingredients: Eggplant Lasagna

  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 medium eggplant, diced
  • 2 10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
  • 1 64 ounce jar pre-made tomato sauce
  • 1 pound lasagna noodles

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Sautee the garlic for two minutes, then add the eggplant and stir. Cover the frying pan and cook until the eggplant is just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.

Cover the bottom of a 9x12 inch baking pan with 2 cups of the tomato sauce, then cover the tomato sauce with 4 or 5 uncooked noodles. Cover this with a thin layer of sauce, then add the cooked eggplant and another thin layer of sauce. Add another layer of noodles followed by a thing layer of sauce, then the spinach and another thin layer of sauce. Add the remaining noodles and sauce.

Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Noodles are cooked when they can be pierced with a fork.

Try this recipe with me and give me your feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment