Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 19


Closure ! The attorney explained to me that the trial would help me bring closure to Chris' death. I don't know about all that but I want it to be over. Today I had to testify telling the Jury and Judge about Chris. I think I did a good job, I was not nervous and it did help me, I could have talked about his memories forever.

Wow !!! It's coming to an end, the lawyers made closing statements today.

After court I went to see my mom. She is amazing she was full of life , eating and talking. More of her usual self. We had a wonderful lunch together, Ariel and I went to the Cafeteria at The Clinic. I got a veggie panani and orange, DELICIOUS, I could have eaten two but I didn't. I was not expecting it to be that good, even the cafeteria staff that served it to me sort of turned her nose up. I must admit I was a bit embarrassed but I stood my ground, listened to God's voice and took it. My mom has not had a desire for sweets in 5 months, she asked me for a candy bar, I got her a dark chocolate bar, and prayed she did not notice the difference. Ariel had a turkey panani, she loves good bread so it pleased her.

We sat and chatted about our new addition to the family, Jayden and other family issues. My second cousin is having a baby and we are praying it is a girl, she already has two really cute boys. I think we secretly want Jayden to remain the baby boy in the family.

This evening me and some friends had an unofficial ladies evening. We began to learn some Zumba exercise moves, discussed healthy foods, discussed supplements, and just had a really nice exchange of resources. Ms. Honey's niece Donna is a RN and is a vegetarian and teaching body sculpting at Balley's. She is very resource along with Michelle H. who knows has a healthy lifestyle. Really nice. Oh yeah and to top it off Jayden was over, his God mother stopped by to visit. We really had fun.

My daughter Dominique and I came together and agreed on something that was very important. She loves her grandma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment