Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 36



This morning I woke up knowing I had additional responsibilities at work. Two of my coworkers are out so I am being stretched. I asked the Lord to give me strength to prioritize my day appropriately. Only God can work this out for me. Lord please show favor !

I complain about my job from time to time. I have a new supervisor who I was not digging ! I had to pray to God to help this working relationship. She micro manages alot. And my thought was how could SHE come into a new job and tell us what to do. After all we know the job, right. Well I had to reflect back to Pastor James sermons on respecting authority. This helped me alot. Also I realized she is trying to be successful in a new job and is doing what she feels she needs to do. I stop taking it personal. Now after a few months she is cool, things have mellowed out. I spend alot of time at work, and I need it to be somewhat pleasurable.

April 1st I will be employed at Beech Brook for 16 years. I praise God for this is where he put me. I have worked for Beech Brook with no incident. Our agency has grown drastically over these years which has helped maintain our employment. I praise God for placing me where I can help children and familes. My job is to screen referrals to make sure they are appropriate for our residential and foster care program. I then evaluate the child, diagnosis and move on to the next placement. Our agency stresses excellience for our clients, and they strongly numbers. The numbers keep our doors open which allow us to help more children. I pray special blesses for Beech Brook ! They have always supported me no matter what I have gone through, the good and the bad times.

I guess what my point is that I appreciate my employer. I am in a helping field and so I am working in my gifting. God put me in this job, and I have never felt threatened because of a layoff. Most employee's I talk to about Beech Brook realize our CEOs are top notch in the field, well respected and our agency is ranked very high in mental health agencies in the state of Ohio. Our leaders have a love for family and children and are always developing programs to keep our agency from laying off. All managers and supervisors of Beech Brook took furlows in which they sacrifice a week off with no pay. I tip my hat to them for that and respect them even more.

I met some really good friends at Beech Brook; Sabrina Hammond, LaVisa Bell, Terri Davis and Tahila Hill. Sabrina and LaVisa are members of NCBF. Sabrina invited me to NCBF and I will always be grateful to her for this. It's really nice to have church family in the workplace.

I am getting real excited about the Good Friday Celebration. I miss worshiping in choir, I will be back soon. After the celebration I plan to go out and celebrate with a few friends. I am expecting good things this Good Friday.

Food today for me was simple, juiced for breakfast, frozen Amy meals for lunch and dinner. It was one of these days. It worked for me. I made peppermint tea last night and took some to work, I will make more tonight. It is replacing PEPSI very nicely. Thank you Lord !!

No comments:

Post a Comment