Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 20



Well today is here Day 20 and I hunger and thirst for the Lord !! Seeking out what God would have me to do with my life is critical. I have to follow God where HE leads me. Trusting HIM to love me and not lead me astray.

I began today thanking God for family. I woke up with my grandson in my arms. Praise God !!! He woke up looked at me and laughed. I treasured that moment in his life, he saw the sunlight and was pleased for a new day. We played until he tired himself out and he fell back to sleep !!!

God is so good !!! He gives us what we need to carry on. When my son died God reminded me of his love for me by leaving me a grandson to love. God is an almighty provider he knows what I need before I even need it. My own experiences in life are teaching me to leave things to God. No need to worry, God has the plan and he works it out.

This morning after playing with my grandson I made a tofu scramble. DELICIOUS. I cut up green and red peppers, onions and cooked it with the tofu in olive oil. Then while I was going up to my mother's hospital room, I stopped in at ' au bon pain' and got a multi grain bagel toasted (no butter) and a banana. I need to increase my water intake and so I purchased some lemon juice which will give it some taste and someone told me it helps detox the system. LET THE EXERCISING BEGIN !!

I was excited to write my shopping list and prayfully I will be surprised by other choices at Whole Food. I have been pleasantly surprised by the frozen Amy's vegetarian meals. They come in handy for lunch. Today I purchased a juicer so I will be making fresh juice in the morning. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah !!! I need to research some juice recipes. I brought some veggies so I can make some panani. I also picked up some fresh baby spinach to add in my tofu scramble for added iron. My friend Michelle encouraged me to purchase black seedless grapes, she said they had more nutrients, so I did and I am so glad I did they are delicious. They make a really good snack. In addition to food shopping I picked up some Diva items :)

I was out doing alot of running today and never once did was I tempted to stop at a Fast Food. Praise God !! God is awesome !!

I hunger and thirst for God !

No comments:

Post a Comment