Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fasting and Praying - Day 28



Giving God the Glory for a new day, a new beginning. Yesterday, I stayed in the house relaxed, prayed and spent time with my mom. It was good I did because God for preparing me for today. This morning I had to call 911 once again, she was transported to Cleveland Clinic and she was admitted. They will be running some tests and may be released tomorrow evening. This time last year my mom weighed 225 lbs., today when they weighed her in she weighed 119 lbs. WOW I have never known my mom to be under 200 lbs in her entire life. Pray for her strength.

I was not able to attend services today, so I missed the word :( I will pick up a cd from church next week. Sunday's Word gives me a jumpstart for week. Now I must make sure I do my devotions and stay in the Word and prayer.

Every step I took walking to my car I felt. I was physically exhausted. When I got home I layed down and slept solidly for 4 hours. Thank you Lord !! I did not even cook dinner. I ate here and there at the hospital, they had fresh squeezed orange juice, nuts, decaf passion tea (Starbucks) yummy.

The staff at the hospital were really kind to my mom, since she had been discharged from that same floor last than a week ago. They all remembered her and welcomed her back. She told me that the staff were really nice to her. She comforted me, and it was God's way of telling me to go home and get the rest I needed. Later one of the nurses dialed my number for my mom so I could talk to her and assure her that things were ok. My mom dementia has really kicked in and she needs reassurance of things.

Thank you Lord for providing me with a really good support. God covers me all the time with love. He shows His love for me through his people.

Oh yeah, Jayden spent the night with us last night. He is really growing and I thank God for blessing me with a sweet little grandson. He smiles when he sees me and his smile warms my heart. Lord you were looking out for me before and planning for me before Chris' death. I thank You Lord !

My birthday is next week I spent some time thinking about my life and I thank God for giving me the gift of life. While sitting in the ER I was surfing the net and found a really nice custom jewelry maker, I order a few pieces for my birthday. Check it out (picture shown above). I also found a clothes designer with really unique garments. I didn't order any but put I few pieces in the shopping cart :)


No comments:

Post a Comment