Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SPA DAY - DAY 45

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY !

TODAY I GOT UP SAID A PRAYER AND GOT READY FOR COURT. I ASKED THE LORD TO GIVE ME STRENGTH AS I FACED MY SON'S KILLER. I ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY TO THE JUDGE AND TO HIS YOUNG MAN. WORDS THAT WOULD NOT HARM HIM BUT BRING HIM CLOSER TO GOD. I DO HATE COURT, MY HEART DROPS IN MY STOMACH WHEN I THINK ABOUT THE JUSTICE CENTER. GOD'S WILL WAS DONE AT COURT, THE JUDGE GAVE HIM THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE FOR A B MURDER. B MURDER MEANS YOU WERE INVOLVED IN A ROBBERY WHICH RESULTED IN A DEATH.

Maximum sentence is 10 years and gun charge is 3. Total of 13 years, it is not alot of time for murder but he did get time. I have closure, I am grateful that there were witnesses that identified the two young men and that the police made arrest. The young man looked remorseful and I told him I forgave him and asked him to do good with his life. His mother took it hard and has alot of anger, she told me that her son did not kill my son. The prosector's office asked to stay until his mother, family and friends left the court room. I will pray for his mother daily that she will work through her anger as I work through my grief. Individual need to know that their actions affect others.

Ariel went to court with me. She is so faithful, she really loves Chris. She has been there for him through thick and thin in life and in death. I pray that her life will be blessed and that she knows God loves her and that she will do God's will in her life. I love sooooooo much ! Best daughter in law ever !!!

After court Ariel and I went to breakfast. Now check this out ! We were driving past a restaurant named Angela and I misunderstood this to be Angie's the well known soul food restaurant. NOT !!! The food was awesome, tasteless and the service was poor. I took a few bites of grits and I ate my rye toast and left the other food. Which is ok because it was an undercooked veggie omelet. Awful ! Ariel's said her waffle tasted like stryofoam.

I had asked Juanita my hair stylist if I could come in early because I was off work. She called me around 12:00 and asked if I could make it at 2:00. I was thrilled this meant I would have time to have a manicure and pedicure. So I had color done in on my hair, manicure and pedicure. It felt so good to be pampered after such a stressful day. Juanita has a new assistant and this young lady does a good job massaging my scalp as she washes it. A good hair wash is priceless. My business partner Michelle was there doing Sis Sylvia's make up for a photo shoot. Sylvia looked amazingly beautiful and she felt beautiful. She was beautiful from head to toe. I look the atmosphere at Simply Chic it is pleasant and you will always see a familiar face from NCBF. While there I walked to the Fish restaurant on Cedar near the shop and got broiled Tapalia and orange juice. I ate it in the shop while I waited on my pedicure. Juanita's shop is doing well, she is a good manager. It was good and non fattening.

Prior to going to the Simply Chic I found a few more items for my vacation. I got a vacation floppy hat to wear on the beach, with some funky big earrings. When I wear this hook up I will upload pictures. I did some more packing, coordinating shoes, outfits, jewelry etc. I am taking too much, but I would hate to not have what I need. Diva has to have what a Diva has to have.

After I settled in my daughter called for me to pick her up from the rapid on Superior and Euclid. I rushed down, I don't like her down there at 10 p.m. at night. We had good conversation about her job that she loves. She is an advocate for Working America. She was at a rally today protesting the closing of Hugo Boss, Danny Glover was there and she took a picture with him. I will upload the photo. She was able to have a conversation with him and she said he was really, really nice. I am proud of her she fights for the rights of others. Working America played a big role in the presidential campaign and they supported Obama's political ticket.

Two more days until vacation !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment