Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Peace - Day 52


Jesus, please place PEACE in my heart and give me the correct Godly words to say. Please direct my thoughts; I want You to be my focus. Please don’t let me buy into negativity. I so want to be kind and not say hard words about others. Let the words that come out of my mouth, help another do the right thing and not cause them to negativity going.

I am in a place in my walk with Christ that I want to squash negativity. But Lord it can be so difficult for me at times. I don’t want to harm another with the word of my mouth. I believe the Lord is using me and wanting me to help stop the negativity. I need God’s wisdom in this area. I can’t feed into it any longer. I have a lot to be grateful for and I am working on building a stronger relationship with God.

In my walk with God I have been able to see people as people and not hold them to high standards or put them on pedestals. So when I see others, falling short it does not surprise me. No one is perfect, God is working on all of us. Even when we choose to confront other’s God has outlined how we should do it. When I have struggle in a relationship with friends, and wonder what to do, I say to myself will this help or hinder the relationship. And will I regret what I say or do. If I have not intentionally done something then I struggle with apologies because I don’t feel I have done anything wrong, but even in this if they feel offended it should be addressed. I am asking the Lord for help.

Today I am going to the gym, this place is the bomb. I get excited about going. Sabrina plans to meet me there with Shi-Ann and Lisa. This will be so much fun, the girls have such high energy, it will be fun to see them in the gym.

My mom’s caregiver has said my mom did well today, she ate some egg and cheese and asked her to cook some spaghetti. Praise God ! Let’s pray this continues.

My foods today include, egg/spinach on whole grain bagel for breakfast with peach tea. I had a late lunch, I used my lunch break to do some shopping at TJ Maxx, they have such nice things. I also placed an internet order, exciting !!! I am feeling so much better about me, I can only truly help others if I take care of myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment