Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 66- iweb



Yes it is Friday !!

This means alot to me. It means I have a few days to do some of the things I want and like to do. Again today we had lot's of assessments and tasks to accomplish at work. I am so swamped that it is difficult for me to focus and get the tasks done. We have been busy before, but this time it is different. We have a different supervisor, who is being pushed to take everything on, and we don't have the manpower to pull it off. Yesterday we had a sibling group of 6, in addition to our already heavy caseload. Well our supervisor went out and assessed 4 of the 6. She is already assigning assessments for next week and we haven't begun to finish this week's assignments. We are even having to get another department to take a few of the assessments. Like they don't have enough to do. Our department is critical in that we fill beds that allow other's to work and bill. I know, I should be talking about how we service children, but for the past few months that has not been the focus.

I said all that to say this. Thank God It's Friday !!

I came right home after work and got busy working on a new website for 4C. I am doing it in iweb for Mac. This is a easy enough program. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. Advantages; clean and modern look, attaches photos instantly, text is easily added. Disadvantages; the template is not allowing me to put logo where I want, no administrative page where I can go in and add codes for widgets (facebook and twitter widgets), contact page-how do I add boxes for clients to fill in information and send us email.

I am sure someone can help me work these kinks out. I was actually able to do a 8 page website in a matter of 4 hours. I will have my partners check it out and we will launch it. How exciting, I had lost some interest in our current website. We need to send a new message to our audience. I love technology and how it allows us to communicate. Totally amazing I love Mac. My Mac works like magic.

I love working with technology and seeing how a click here and tap there on a keyboard produces effective communication. God please give me more wisdom in this area and I want to be a benefit to 4C and in doing so I will make sure You get the glory.

I will keep everyone posted when we launch our new website. If you have not already done so check out our current site www.4cEventplanners.com

No comments:

Post a Comment