Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh What a Beautiful Morning, Oh What a Beautiful Day... Day 43...



This morning I got up bright and early and got ready for work. I left the house 10 minutes early so I could run an errand and enjoy the sunshine. My morning at work was productive, I cleared my desk of some work from last week. By mid morning the enemy thought he better come on and try and steal my Joy. I received a text which initially rocked my world and hit me the wrong way. I felt I was being taken advantage. I responded in the flesh :) but before I pushed clear instead of send. I retyped the text in a Godly manner. I need and want to maintain this relationship so I needed to send a reply that would not harm the relationship. It worked out, I then called the person and talked it through and after a few minutes they texted me a thank you. Now that's God, because I wanted to go there real quick. I had to remember the scripture that said be angry but sin not. Holding the memory verses in your heart really helps.

By lunch time our office was hot and muggy, I gave thanks to God for the sunshine that I had adored earlier in the day. I tried not to complain too much about the heat. I used my lunch hour to do some of this blogging and to mediate on the Lord. Unless I go out for lunch I eat at my desk and surf the net or write. I want to use some of my lunch break to read the word maybe go into a quiet space to read and pray.

After work, I went shopping for a few items, I picked up some items I needed for vacation. Yes vacation ! The closer it gets the more excited I get. I found some really reasonable PJs, they look like old lady PJs but they will be comfy. Well I guess I am an old lady, NOT ! I am looking forward to our fellowship and hanging out on the beach.

My breakfast consisted of fruit juice; apple, orange, strawberry with celery and spirulina. I chose not to put greens in it. Lunch was special I tried the Black Bean Buritto, this is a must have. I am now a fan of Amy's Burritos, it was sooooo good and tasty. It is about 280 calories. I had a Naked Berry Juice and that was enough. Oh, for snack I had baked barbeque chips. I also drank Tazo Passion Ice Tea that I made that morning. It was a nice treat and a replacement for PEPSI. I cannot go back to my PEPSI addiction. There is lots of sugar (poison) in PEPSI. I am substituting various teas and smoothies.

Dinner was delicious I made a portabello panani with soy mozarrelo cheese and tofu. I enjoy the texture of portabellos and tofu, great combination. I forgot to put some type of dressing in the sandwich, balsamic would have been nice, or I could have dipped. I had a glass of Passion Ice Tea and I ate an apple. Never would I ever thought I would have an apple as a side dish lol God is so wonderful.

I need to pick up a few Any's frozen meals tomorrow and some Naked drinks.

Chat with you tomorrow 111

No comments:

Post a Comment