Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's Saturday, It's Saturday !! Me Oh My It's Saturday !








This morning when I woke up I thought it was a workday and to my surprise it was Saturday. I was so grateful ! I stirred around the house a little then laid back down. I looked at my phone and discovered a text from my friend Sis Stephanie. She was reminding me of lunch to celebrate my birthday. We had not been able to connect during March but she did not forget. She is a good woman of God. During our lunch she witnessed about God's goodness and worked on convincing us to serve in any way we could to Young Lives. Young Lives is an organization that promotes empowering young teen mothers and pouring into them the word of God. Many of the young teens have powerful testimonies. They are in need of mentors and their club house needs some rehab work. Stephanie is passionate about helping others and she has a heart for these young single moms. There is an upcoming event "Big Bag Brunch", they will share information about Young Lives and there will be a silent auction for donated hand bags. GREAT IDEA ! I plan to attend, I went to one of there previous dinners and it was time well spent. If you are interested hit Sis Stephanie Herriott up on facebook or contact me, I can hook you up her or Esha, who is the administrator.

The ladies at lunch are ladies that I love and they have special places in my heart. We have histories together either through Life Groups, Choir and business. These are young women who inspire me and help me know God's goodness. I was pleased that they brought Kalia who I do not know as well. She is working to build a relationship with God and loves the Lord. We all had a wonderful time.

The food was delicious, but the service was slow. The manager explained that some of the new workers did not show. He only had himself serving tables and one waitress. He was OK, he made me a special drink for my birthday. It was gooooood. I had a Wild Mushroom Pita with unsweetened tea. Oh, how could I forget sweet potatoe french fries. Best thing going :)

Stephanie, I know you follow my blog, I pray you read today's blog. I appreciate your friendship. You are an awesome woman of God and an wonderful mother, daughter and friend !!

No comments:

Post a Comment